Breg Polar Care Unit
Your surgeon has recommended you receive a Polar Care unit for post-op use. Please review the information below. Setup
- To Fill:
- Unlock the handle and remove
- Fill with cold water to line, then ice to
- Replace lid and lock with handle in upright position Coupler Connections
- To connect the unit to the pad:
- Push down on the two metal
- Push connectors together until metal tabs pop
- To turn on/off:
- Make sure the pad is
- Plug the power supply into the wall and receptacle on
- Operation begins automatically with
- Unplug the power supply to turn
- To refill:
- Press down on two metal tabs to disconnect the unit and
- Remove the lid and place it upside down on a flat
- Drain and follow the fill
Important Information: an insulation barrier must be between the Polar Care Cold Therapy Pad and skin during use. No part of the pad should touch the skin for any period of time. Inspect the skin receiving cold treatment typically every 1 to 2 hours.
- Use cubed or chunked ice for optimal
- Drain the pad between
- You may disconnect the pad from the unit without removing the pad from the affected.
- DO NOT RUN THE PUMP WITHOUT WATER!
- Unplug the unit before removing.
These instructions will be reviewed with you and your caregiver on the day of your procedure and you will receive a hard copy for your records.