Dr. Milne Post-Operative Instructions - Knee Arthroscopy
- You have been given a prescription for pain medication. Vicodin/Lortab is to be taken according to label directions for pain control.
- A soft bandage has been placed on your knee/ankle; this will absorb residual fluid that leaks from your ankle. You may remove the bandage in 24 hours after surgery and cover the puncture sites with large Band-Aids.
- You may shower 48 hours after surgery. Fresh Band-Aids can be applied after showering. Do not soak the leg – i.e. bath tub, hot tub, swimming pool, etc.
- Use the Cryocuff (ice machine) on a full-time basis for 48-72 hours after surgery. After that time use the Cryocuff for 15-20 minutes after exercise sessions.
- You will be given a set of crutches to help for 1-2 days after surgery. You may put the full weight on the operated leg, unless otherwise instructed.
- If you have an elevated temperature, redness, or unexplained pain please contact the office immediately at 817-335-4316.
- Please call the office and make a follow-up appointment to see me 5-7 days after surgery.
- For prescription refills, please call the office between 8:30 and 4:30 Monday thru Friday. We are unable to refill prescription at night or on the weekend.
These instructions will be reviewed with you and your caregiver on the day of the procedure and you will receive a hard copy for your records.