Dr. Milne Post-Operative Instructions - Shoulder Arthroscopy
- You will be given a prescription for pain medication. Vicodin/Lortab is to be taken. Every 6 hours as needed for pain control.
- A soft bandage has been placed on your shoulder. This will absorb residual fluid that leaks from your shoulder. DO NOT REMOVE THE STERI-STRIPS. Keep bandage
clean and dry the first 72 hours
- You may SHOWER 72 HOURS AFTER surgery, then pat the dressing dry.
- Use the CRYOCUFF (ICE WATER PAD) on a full-time basis for 48-72 hours after surgery. After that time period, use the cryocuff for 15-20 minutes after each exercise session.
- You will be given a sling to use for
A. 2 weeks
B. 1-2 days
after Arthroscopy ONLY surgery; unless otherwise instructed by a physician during an office visit.
- If at any time during your recovery period you experience any of the following, please notify Dr. Milne’s office immediately:
Temperature > 100 degrees
Redness or unrelieved pain at surgical site
Wound drainage that is yellow or green or excessive in amounts.
- Notify the office at 817-335-4316 to schedule a follow-up appointment to see Dr. Milne in 2 weeks.
- For Prescription refills, please call office between 8:30-4:30, Monday through Friday.
These instructions will be reviewed with you and your caregiver on the day of the procedure, and you will receive a hard copy for your records.