Dr. Milne Post-Operative Instructions - Shoulder Open Procedure
- You will be given a prescription for pain medication. Vicodin/Lortab is to be taken every 6 hours as needed for pain control.
- A soft bandage has been placed on your shoulder. This will absorb residual fluid that leaks from your shoulder. You may remove the bandage 24 hours after surgery. DO NOT REMOVE THE STERI-STRIPS. You may apply large Band- Aids over the surgical wounds daily after shower. Do not remove dressing until follow up appointment. Keep clean and dry until follow-up.
- You may SHOWER 48 HOURS AFTER
- Use the CRYOCUFF (ICE WATER PAD) full-time for 48-72 hours after surgery. After that time period, use the cryocuff for 15-20 minutes after each exercise
- You will be given a sling to use for
- 2 weeks
- 1-2 days
after Arthroscopy ONLY surgery; unless otherwise instructed by physician during office visit.
- If at any time during your recovery period, you experience any of the following, please notify Dr. Milne’s office immediately:
Temperature > 100 degrees
Redness or unrelieved pain at surgical site
Wound drainage that is yellow or green or excessive in amounts.
- Notify office at 817-335-4316 to schedule a follow-up appointment to see Milne in 2 weeks.
- For Prescription refills, please call office between 8:30-4:30, Monday through Friday.
These instructions will be reviewed with you and your caregiver on the day of the procedure, and you will receive a hard copy for your records.